Outfielders work on enjoying the ball on the fence.
- Outfielder units up 5-10 yards from a fence or wall.
- For those who don’t’ have entry to a fence, place a row of cones marking the situation of the fence for the aim of this drill.
The way it Works
- Coach throws a ball excessive and deep.
- Outfielder turns and runs again.
- She finds the fence after which leaps (or comes ahead) and makes the catch.
- Subsequent outfielder goes.
- After the excessive and deep throws, outfielders work on catching the ball that “threads the needle” between the outfielder and the fence.
- On the excessive and deep balls the outfielder must be feeling for the fence with an outstretched arm.
- When making an attempt to catch a “thread the needle” ball the outfielder must be utilizing her peripheral imaginative and prescient to see the wall – it can get greater as she will get nearer to it.
The submit The Fence Drill appeared first on Softball Spot.