Teaches participant to hit by way of the baseball.
- Place a tee in entrance of a web.
- Take a bat and shave it down on two sides to create flat surfaces.
- Then wrap tape across the barrel to stop it from splintering.
The way it Works
- Place ball on tee.
- Take a swing and try to hit the ball with the flat or shaved down aspect of the bat.
- The goal of this drill is to hit the ball off the flat floor of the bat.
- If a batter rolls over on her swing she ought to really feel it in her fingers.
- It is a nice drill for educating the batter to hit “three softballs” – this implies she ought to be swinging alongside the aircraft of the ball for a distance of three softballs. She shouldn’t be upper-cutting (pop up) or rolling over on the ball (floor ball).
- If a batter over-strides on her swing put a rubber band tubing from one ankle to the opposite to shorten the stride.
The publish Flat Bat Drill appeared first on Softball Spot.